Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Great Debate is Over!

I'm officially taking the plunge into blog world. I've had this site ready to go for a few months now but my heart has just not been in the right place to get started. I've been holding an inner debate on why I should blog. Part of me has seen this as an expression of my pride and an opportunity to validate myself. It sounds like this, "Hey family, close Christian friends, people I respect and want to be respected by...come to my blog and be impressed with all the great spiritual stuff God is doing in my life." Sounds pretty scary doesn't it. This is the kind of junk that God has been bringing me out of in this first year of Seminary. The other side of the debate has been that this is an avenue to share my life with others in a way that gives total glory to the Father. So it comes down to this...my glory vs. God's glory. I think this is the quiet debate that subconsciously goes on in all of us and is decided by the posture of our hearts. My pride has conquered this debate for many years but as my distant and corgal friendship with God has grown into one of intimacy, the tables have somehow turned. Over the last nine months He's allowed me to see the mask of self-righteousness I've worn for so long...it's been pretty uncomfortable and humbling. But realizing how distorted I really am has made God's love that much more potent. By human standards, it's pretty much insane for him to love someone like me...but he does...and never gives up on me! When understanding the depth of his love and grace from this new place it becomes almost a natural response to pour out my life in a way that gives only him the glory. This great debate is over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Josh,

What a gift you are! You simply must know that being able to read your story as it unfolds will be a gift for all of us. I know that it is hard for you to view what you have to say as a gift, but think of your blog as a way to share your testimony... it's not about you.. it's about you in relationship to God... it's you boasting about how great God is... it's about you sharing what God is doing... which really means... it's all about God!

Thank you for adding your voice to the WWW!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home