Thursday, June 15, 2006

42 Days

Yes, It's been 42 days since my last post. I've been on a little
break from the blogworld but a lot has happened since May 6th. I finished up the Spring semester, made a visit home to Auburn (it was truly the great American adventure) , preached at our home Church-Cornerstone, and am now back in the throws of class...United Methodist Theology. Among all this this I have just been spending a lot of time with Leslie, Benjamin, and the girls (two months old this past Wednesday).

Going from a family of 3 to 5 has been quite the challenge for us. In Leslie's words, we are learning to "die to our own agenda". I have had a few days where I have kept all three by myself for several hours and it has been unbelievable...imagine the wacky clown at the circus who is trying to spin several plates on the tips of broom sticks all at once...that's me. Leslie came in the other night from a much needed break to find me rocking Grace in a chair, with Liza in the bouncy seat in front of me rocking it with my foot (trying to keep pacifiers in each of them), all while Benjamin was running around with his lightsaver. I now have some conviction and can say from experience that Moms have one of the toughest jobs in the world!

Anyway, have much more to track and update here...especially thoughts about last semester. Don't let me off the hook without writing about this later on!


5 Comments:

Blogger brandon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 AM  
Blogger brandon said...

Josh,

Love the pic of Benjamin defending the your house as a Jedi Knight/Cowboy/Superhero.

As I envision your "Great American Adventure," I think of the National Lampoon movies with Clark Griswald attempting to take his family to Wally World. You didn't leave a dog tied to the bumper of the van did you?

Welcome back after 42 days. We love what you post here.

Brandon

8:43 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Didn't leave a dog tied to the back...but we left pleanty of poopy diapers along the way. A six hour drive to Atlanta turned into almost 10 hours of family fun! I think about us driving down the road with a packed out mini van...we have become one of those families that I used to see driving down the road when I was younger and would say "I will never be as uncool as that". Well that is us now...but the thing is when you get a little older and have 3 kids...you don't care any more. You are just trying to SURVIVE!

You're all cool now Brandon, but one day you will want a minivan!

Thanks Brandon

7:51 PM  
Blogger John David Walt said...

42 days. . . . . . that's nothing to be proud of Russ. . . . ;-) glad you are back to the blog.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

JD...I just now got that one after Brandon explained it to me..."that's nothing to be proud of Russ"...a line from National Lampoon's family vacation. My first thought was..."that JD, he does not even know who's blog he is responding to"...sorry, I'm kinda slow somethimes.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home