Friday, June 23, 2006

No title for this one.

OK, I'm going to be bold here and share some real life. After finishing up some work for my intensive class this month I went in for a little "minor surgery" on Wednesday. Understanding that Leslie and I just had twins and we have 2 year old Benjamin, some of you will gather the nature of this surgery. It made for an interesting week. I had many of my friends tracking the countdown with me to "V-Day" and have had several call in since then to check on the "family jewels". My good friend Brandon drove me to and from the monumentous occasion. But when I showed up to check in at the front desk they told me I was a day early. WHAT...I couldn't believe it. My heart sank. I felt like I had pumped myself up for the state championship football game then just before running out of the locker room someone tells me it's the wrong night. But after explaining how "geared up" I was for this, they decided to work me in. We had to wait around a bit and Brandon got a little freaked out by one the the lobby brochures but we stayed the course. In all seriousness, it was a mark of true friendship. Then sweet Leslie had a king size 5th Avenue candy bar (my favorite) waiting for me when I got home (along with an ice pack and ibuprofin). All in all it has not been too bad. If anything, it forced me to get some much needed rest and catch up on some reading (I also watched the movie Ronin two times on TNT). But now things are pretty much back to normal...except for running.

All kidding aside, it became a good week of quiet and rest...and a time to just look and be thankful for our beautiful, healthy children.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan Lowe said...

Wow, Josh, that deserves a sixer - at least. Hope all is well 15 days after the surgery!! Shalom. Dan

12:25 PM  
Blogger brandon said...

Josh,

I am glad to have been able to be apart of this day with you. Yes, the diagram in the brochure did get to me, but the nurse was able to calm me down when she brought me a glass of iced tea.

We had fun that day. We'll chalk that day up as a W for a win. Or should it be V?

Brandon

7:55 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Brandon-couldn't have done it without your support!

Dan-what's a sixer??? I'm a little slow on the cool lingo these days.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, the twins have sealed my fate as well.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home