Friday, July 29, 2005

Going Home Today!

Leslie and I are going home to Alabama today and I'm so pumped. So pumped that I had a spur of thoughts that I thought I'd get out before my final Church History exam I have in 39 minutes. It was a sudden decision for us to go home this weekend...greatly influenced by an invitation from our good friends, the Ragsdales, to head to Lake Martin for a few days of skiing, knee boarding, lounging, grilling burgers, and just relaxing. We are heading out after my exam today at 4pm. We're leaving Benjamin with my parents on Saturday night while Leslie and I head to the lake. I just feel like it's time to go home for a bit and just love on some folks. I want my parents to see how much Benjamin has grown. And hear him say "pizza", "cock a dooooo", and "I yub you". And then there's Chucks and Jim Bob's. Yes, these are two of the finest eating establishments in the Auburn/Opelika area. Chucks is your local pit bar-b-que joint, owned by a wonderful man and brother in Christ, Chuck Farrell. This is the kind of bar-b-que that is vinegar/mustard based...makes you want to slap someone it's so good (you can tell from this email that I'm already starting to get back into the Alabama vernacular). I particularly like to sop up the sauce with the soft white bread when I'm finishing everything up. Jim Bob's...owned by Chuck's Son in Law...has the best chicken fingers of all the kingdoms of the world. It is also Benjamin's favorite place...he mostly likes the fries there and the fact that he can run around and mess with other people as they eat (it's one of those wide open places). I'm sure we'll run into lots of local friends at these places and catch up on who's graduating from high school...the latest on Auburn football, etc. I'm so thankful for having a warm home and community to go back to. Being so far away makes it that much more special.

Better Run...going to cram in a little more info about realists vs. nominalists in the next 30 minutes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nolan said...

Three of my favorite things in one post: Chuck's, Lake Martin, and Auburn football. I'm a little envious. Enjoy the break.

2:26 PM  
Blogger John David Walt said...

dude--- you've got to bring me a bottle of that mustard/vinegar based bar-b-que sauce. jd

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home