Sunday, July 23, 2006

'Cause my hooooome's in Alabama...

"'Cause my hoooooome's in Alabama, no matter wheeeeere I lay my head". I was feeling a little crazy a few weeks ago and downloaded this song as the ringtone on my cellphone (sung by Randy Owens of the great country group Alabama). This became the theme song for our "express trip" down to Alabama this weekend. Leslie and I decided at the last minute to make a short trip down to see my Dad and Mom before things got cranking with school again. We came down on Thursday and we're heading back tomorrow morning (Monday). Some might say that traveling 600 miles with two 3 month olds and a 2 year old is a little insane...and now I would agree with them. But this trip has been so worth the sacrafice. Seeing the joy our children bring to my parents, especially to my Dad who is fighting cancer, we forget about the expensive gas and 7 stops along the way. It has been a tiresome trip but such a blessing to just be together again as a big family. Also got to hang out with my sister, Emily, a good bit (who lives right down the street from Mom and Dad). Benjamin has been a crazy man with his older cousins, AnnaKathryn and Garrett...it has been so fun to watch. But the funniest thing has been his consuming interst in my Dad's old golf bag out in the garage. He has been facinated with this every since we pulled in the driveway. He loves the zippers and has pulled out every box of new golf balls (good thing my Dad doesn't play anymore). I'm finding new "Titalist" balls all over the house, outside in the bushes and at the bottom of the pool. As of tonight, Leslie and I have hit almost all of our old favorite eating joints: Jim Bob's (chicken fingers); Byrons (bbq); Tenda Chick (yes, chicken fingers again); and Moe's (burritos). Our stomaches are wondering where the heck we are?? We're pulling out in the morning and will be back in our beds this time tomorrow night (we hope).

Signing out from Auburn!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever need to make a "pit stop" on the way to Alabama come and see us in Brentwood, TN. I saw one of your old blogs about the poop incident and laughed out loud.
Your old friend,
Ivey (Banks) Murdock

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home