Monday, August 15, 2005

Roof Top Friendship


Roof Top Friendship

Leslie snapped this one on the 4th of July. My friend Brandon and I were up on my roof watching the fireworks around town (Leslie and Alison, Brandon's wife, were too scared to get up on the roof and watched from the deck). We could see the big fireworks show out at RJ Corman's place and even more exciting...all the local neighborhood firework shows around Wilmore. But the longer we were up there it became less about watching fireworks and more about just sharing life. It was one of those moments when your soul opens up and you are fed by the connection with another friend. We talked for for hours about our lives growing up...how it shaped us...our families...where we are now in life...what God is bringing us through. I look at this picture now and just think of extravagent friendship...or what I would now call "roof top friendship". What is roof top friendship? I can't put it into words just yet...it's something to do with mutual listening and having an other oriented heart. Seeing this picture is pointing me in a good direction for this. It was a time of great blessing. I know in my heart that these are the kinds of relationships that God desires for us to have.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Wofford said...

I hope your home has a big roof...because you have a lot of rooftoppers, buddy! There is a real, true quality that you have as a friend that God is using and will continue to use for His glory.

I love the Agertons too!!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger brandon said...

Ah yes, I remember that night well. That is was one of those nights that you talk about the things that not evryone has the privilege of hearing. You share your heart, almost handing it to the other person, trusting them to handle it carefully, and they do, because they know how important it is to "handle with care." That was a night, Josh my friend, that when we are old and grey, we may not remember what we talked about specifically, but we will remember we are friends.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God give us more roof top experiences like this!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home