Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Seeing Glory

I'm sitting here in Auburn in the study of my parents house. I've just come from the hospital where my dad had invasive surgery today and now I'm staring at a picture Leslie just emailed me of the twins from her Dr. visit today (oh ya, for those of you who don't know...Leslie and I are having identical twins!!). Such a contrast between the images my eyes have seen today. I've seen sick people going up and down the halls. People saddened by bad news. My own family rejoicing in the wonderful suprise of unexpected good news. Then my dad, there in bed with tubes, IV's, and monitors going all over the place. And now I'm looking at a picture of two little bodies inside Leslie's womb, being knit together and formed into new life second by second. I can see ears, eyes, noses, two spines and two hearts...it's the bright little spot in their chests. There is something amazing about seeing my dad, at age 70, battling for life and then to see two new little Agertons being created. I'm amazed at what God is doing right now...just even in my one family. He is healing and restoring my Dad as he lays in an intensive care bed, he is knitting two souls together in Leslie's womb as she sleeps there in Wilmore...he is comforting my Mom in just the other room. The only words I can think of in all this is "God's Glory". Looking at my family today has been like looking at one of those incredible pictures of the universe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I'm intrigued by the Scripture when the God of Jacob is compared to other gods. I picture Egyptians and later, neighboring countries of Israel asking, "What kind of god is this?"

You're experiencing just what kind of God he is. He is a God who creates, heals, restores, and comforts. There could be no one higher.

Congrats on the twins! Ours are four months old now. We'll compare notes soon. Your dad's in our prayers.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having your own little revival, Mr. Agerton. Jeanine and I just found out the news about your dad, but we're praying for you. Bring back some of the fire!!

Dan

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home